R.A.F.T. Writing

Dear Government                                                                          July 15th 1989

Hi I am 44 years old and my name is Bill Nye the Science Guy. I am a scientist from Light House University in Washington D.C. I have been a scientist for almost 21 years now.

The reason I am writing to you is because there has been a drastic decrease in the salmon population in B.C. in the past year. It had gone done from about 44 million to approximately 22 million. For many years now I have been trying to find out why the salmon population is decreasing. Recently I have figured out why it is decreasing. It is because a lot of the humans in the world are littering and throwing garbage in the rivers. One of the biggest reasons is because people are throwing can cases and plastic bags into the rivers and the salmon and even other river animals are getting there head stuck in them and choking.

I was wondering if you would be willing to give me 10 million dollars so that I can make 20 salmon farms across Canada so that we can keep the salmon population rising. Another thing is that since we are using plastic bags so much then throwing them into the river could you please ban plastic bags from Canada. If we don’t have plastic bags then we can use reusable bags for shopping.